Av. Ömer Cem Selamoğlu, LL.M.
Ömer supports domestic and international clients with corporate counseling matters related to their daily business. His work includes drafting, revision and negotiation of contracts such as share purchase and shareholders agreements, distributorship and so forth. Ömer prepares tailor made legal memorandums on subjects requested by clients with a special interest on e-commerce. He maintains an active arbitration and litigation practice and specializes on goodwill (portfolio) compensation along with disputes arising out of international carriage of goods. Ömer is also a sworn translator in English and Italian languages.
Ömer also acts as a Mediator registered to Mediator’s Registry.
UC Berkeley School of Law, LL.M. in Business Law (2015)
Bilgi University Faculty of Law, LL.B. (2010)
Languages: English, Italian
Practice Areas: Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Contracts Law, Labour Law, Transportation Law, Litigation, Foreign Investments
- “The Liability of Carrier in International Commercial Air Carriage and Examples From Practice” – published on “the Journal of Legal Hukuk” on November 2015 (In Turkish)
- “S&P Thinks to Settle Down with Department of Justice After Two Years of Intense Legal Fighting” – published on January 2015
- “SolarCity Corp. Issues Bonds to Raise Money for More Clean Energy” – published on October 2014
- “HSBC’s $550 Million Dollar Mortgage Bond Settlement” – published on September 2014
- “A Brief Look into Turkish Promissory Note System” – published on February 2014
- “A General Assessment of Workplace Health and Safety Legislation” – published on “the Journal of Istanbul Bar Association” on May/June 2013 (In Turkish)
- “Immovable Property Sale to Foreigners In Light of Constitutional Court Decisions and Latest Regulatory Arrangements” – published on “the Journal of Istanbul Bar Association” on March/April 2012 (In Turkish)
- “Electronic Transactions and Information Society Services” – published on “the Journal of Vergide Gündem by Ernst&Young” on April 2012 (In Turkish)
- “Independent Audit under New Turkish Commercial Code” – published on “the Journal of Vergide Gündem by Ernst&Young” on January 2012 (In Turkish)
- “A Critical Approach to Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Decisions Regarding Discretionary Powers of Judges with Respect to Article 68 of Code on Intellectual Property Rights” – published on “the Journal of Istanbul Bar Association” on March/April 2017 (In Turkish)